Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 49

Thread: The media perception of the Jets going into this offseason

  1. #1

    The media perception of the Jets going into this offseason

    Is that this is one of the low points in franchise history, 2-14 in 2017 etc.

    Yes it could turn out to be that way IF the Jets decide to blow up the backbone of the team by that I mean getting rid of Decker and/or Marshall. The D is getting blown up no matter what they were so bad in 2016 it's addition by subtraction IMO.

    This was a record breaking offense in 2015 how soon people forget. With the emergence of Enunwa in 2016 the Jets have arguably the best group of WRs in the game if they bring them all back in 2017.

    They need a QB. They have to go out and get someone who can play.

    You're telling me if the Jets go out and get Tony Romo they wouldn't put up a ton of points in 2017?

    Do that and all Bowles-Rogers have to do is put together a middle of the pack D this team would contend again in 2017.

    Built for the long haul? No but still it would be a FUN team to watch. Beats 2-14 afterwards ushering in yet another housecleaning, new regime.

  2. #2
    Team Owner
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    20,103
    GGBit wants to be entertained by giving Romo $20mill a year and seeing him break his back in week 2.

    Hey Jets, he was dead on with giving Shitzstain a blank check, Romo or Tyron Taylor at $22mill a year sounds awesome, get on it pronto.

  3. #3
    How soon we forget?? Bwaaahhhhaaaaa

    How easily stupid people are FOOLED!!

    The only record thst was broken in 15 was EASIEST SCHEDULE in the ENTIRE HISTORY of the franchise.

    2016 was REAL. Our offense vs legit competition
    2015 was fake. Our offense against one sub 20 ranked D after another after another. And the numbers were still ho hum for today's NFL and only record for THIS franchise because this is a lousy franchise, and we still lost to EVERY decent team and we still didnt make the playoffs. And you are STILL chasing more of it like a FOOLED FOOL.

    Carry on moron.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    35

  5. #5
    I have no problem going 2-14 if the team is full of young talented players who play hard and improve over the season.

  6. #6
    Coach in Training
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    UWS - NYC
    Posts
    4,293
    Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen76 View Post
    Is that this is one of the low points in franchise history, 2-14 in 2017 etc.

    Yes it could turn out to be that way IF the Jets decide to blow up the backbone of the team by that I mean getting rid of Decker and/or Marshall. The D is getting blown up no matter what they were so bad in 2016 it's addition by subtraction IMO.

    This was a record breaking offense in 2015 how soon people forget. With the emergence of Enunwa in 2016 the Jets have arguably the best group of WRs in the game if they bring them all back in 2017.

    They need a QB. They have to go out and get someone who can play.

    You're telling me if the Jets go out and get Tony Romo they wouldn't put up a ton of points in 2017?

    Do that and all Bowles-Rogers have to do is put together a middle of the pack D this team would contend again in 2017.

    Built for the long haul? No but still it would be a FUN team to watch. Beats 2-14 afterwards ushering in yet another housecleaning, new regime.
    Ok, I'll take this seriously for a moment.

    If we got Romo, and he stayed healthy for the whole season, my personal opinion is that we'd be an average team. Probably somewhere in the range of 7-9 to 9-7. It's even within the realm of possibility, though in my view relatively unlikely, that we'd somehow go 10-6 and make the playoffs if everything broke right.

    Having said that, this is a total best case scenario and we still wouldn't be a contender. Not even close.

    And this is all with Romo staying healthy and lots of other luck. Based on his past history, with a far better OL than ours, there's a very good chance he's injured for half or more of the season and that we're in the 3-13 to 6-10 range.

    I get fans wanting to be entertained by a team that doesn't stink, and I get owners wanting to keep fans entertained, but this doesn't help us long-term. Long-term, we need a decent QB who won't be retired or constantly injured. Long-term we need to draft a QB who is, at the bare minimum, an average NFL QB. Until then, there's really no point, absent the near-miracle of having a historic defense such as 1985 Bears or 2000 (or was it 2001?) Ravens.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by pope View Post
    GGBit wants to be entertained by giving Romo $20mill a year and seeing him break his back in week 2.

    Hey Jets, he was dead on with giving Shitzstain a blank check, Romo or Tyron Taylor at $22mill a year sounds awesome, get on it pronto.
    You still dare to talk **** about Ryan Fitzpatrick, Pope?

    Revis has been a f'n embarrassment on the field and off it for the Jets in his post-Patriots Jets tour.

    F'n disaster. It angers me so much that we're the ones who got shamed by the clueless f'n media into getting stuck with this **** show after Woody got it right the first time when he let him go!!

    I DARE ANYONE IN THE MEDIA TO WRITE THAT ADMIT THE JETS WERE RIGHT IN LETTING REVIS GO THE FIRST TIME!!!


  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by SOF.Gator View Post
    I have no problem going 2-14 if the team is full of young talented players who play hard and improve over the season.
    Of course you don't.

    It's not your @ss/job on the line.

    For a GM to take that route it has to be in year 1 right off the bat. To do it in year three after a disastrous year two is career suicide.

    OR

    The GM changing course MUST be a proven winner with a track record that screams THIS GUY KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING.
    Last edited by ganggreen76; 02-17-2017 at 06:43 PM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by twoink View Post
    Ok, I'll take this seriously for a moment.

    If we got Romo, and he stayed healthy for the whole season, my personal opinion is that we'd be an average team. Probably somewhere in the range of 7-9 to 9-7. It's even within the realm of possibility, though in my view relatively unlikely, that we'd somehow go 10-6 and make the playoffs if everything broke right.

    Having said that, this is a total best case scenario and we still wouldn't be a contender. Not even close.

    And this is all with Romo staying healthy and lots of other luck. Based on his past history, with a far better OL than ours, there's a very good chance he's injured for half or more of the season and that we're in the 3-13 to 6-10 range.

    I get fans wanting to be entertained by a team that doesn't stink, and I get owners wanting to keep fans entertained, but this doesn't help us long-term. Long-term, we need a decent QB who won't be retired or constantly injured. Long-term we need to draft a QB who is, at the bare minimum, an average NFL QB. Until then, there's really no point, absent the near-miracle of having a historic defense such as 1985 Bears or 2000 (or was it 2001?) Ravens.
    You can't force the issue at QB in the draft. I can't stress that enough.

    Just because a team drafts a guy then says this is our 'franchise qb' our 'long term answer at qb' that doesn't make him the "long term" answer any more than Tony Romo or Tyrod Taylor. It could be worse much much worse he might not be the long term answer or the short term answer AND the team could get stuck chasing a fantasy while they wait for the terrible QB to 'develop'.

    Jets fans know this all too well. Geno Bust, Bryce Bust, Christian Bustenberg the list is seemingly endless.

    So if you have NOTHING at the position that's where we're at now WHAT IS WRONG with a quality stop gap option?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen76 View Post
    You can't force the issue at QB in the draft. I can't stress that enough.

    Just because a team drafts a guy then says this is our 'franchise qb' our 'long term answer at qb' that doesn't make him the "long term" answer any more than Tony Romo or Tyrod Taylor. It could be worse much much worse he might not be the long term answer or the short term answer AND the team could get stuck chasing a fantasy while they wait for the terrible QB to 'develop'.

    Jets fans know this all too well. Geno Bust, Bryce Bust, Christian Bustenberg the list is seemingly endless.

    So if you have NOTHING at the position that's where we're at now WHAT IS WRONG with a quality stop gap option?
    Ben McAdoo gets it.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...li-manning-qb/

    Ben McAdoo: Giants can’t force search for post-Eli Manning QB

    The Giants know they’re eventually going to have to find another quarterback. The how and the when are the tricky parts.

    Giants coach Ben McAdoo said during an interview on WFAN that the team has to be careful not to force things in the eventual offseason search for a backup/understudy to Eli Manning.

    “That’s a tough position to chase,” McAdoo said, via Paul Schwartz of the New York Post. “It has to be a good fit, you have to find the right guy, and it’s a tough position to evaluate. But a little competition always does players some good. So you never say never. . . .

    “If you find a guy you like and you can bring a guy in at the right value, that is going to help you and help create competition, maybe somebody for down the road, then you do it. If not, then you don’t press.”

    Manning’s 36, and General Manager Jerry Reese said this week his quarterback was on “the back nine.” But they don’t have a caddy on the roster, as four years have passed since they drafted Ryan Nassib, and there’s no indication he’s capable of starting.

    Like third-stringer Josh Johnson, Nassib is also a free agent this offseason, meaning they’re going to have to find quarterbacks, plural, before they go to camp next year.
    Last edited by ganggreen76; 02-17-2017 at 07:03 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO