Thread: Julio suspended won't play in SB

Head Coach Material

Julio suspended won't play in SB

Falcons receiver Julio Jones draws a crowd at his locker yesterday.

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. — There was a note on Julio Jones’ locker when he arrived at the Falcons’ practice facility.

“I had a drug test this morning,” said the All-Pro wide receiver. “Random.” When a reporter jokingly asked if it might have had anything to do with the fact he caught nine passes for 180 yards and two touchdowns in the NFC Championship Game victory over Green Bay last Sunday, Jones stiff-armed the suggestion. “I don’t think so,” he said. “I don’t think they would do something like that. I don’t think so.”

hmmmm,...interesting timing. And when Falcons fans are suspicious with goins' on with refs and the league, they are given rolling of eyes. Just a week ago the media was saying Aaron Rodgers was Michael Jordan.

One of two things,...maybe three. But speculation, soooo this Super Bowl won't be about the Falcons. It's allllll about this,...

All too often T/B sits in the pocket waiting for a bus during the entire end of the 4th quarter. How do their linemen block so damn well?

Head Coach Material
    Quote Originally Posted by Gundermerikan View Post
    All too often T/B sits in the pocket waiting for a bus during the entire end of the 4th quarter. How do their linemen block so damn well?
    Well, I know a former NFL player, a lineman. He was a backup in Detroit. He said the Pats O-line have a technique which was developed in New England. I'd have to look closer but he says they intentionally and initially upon contact with the D-linemen they tug down low around the D-linemen, around the stomach area grabbing at they jersey, let go and then block high.. It happens fast though as they release the defender fast so thus no flag. Add Brady gettin' rid of the ball so fast,...no holding call.

Now we could go into the illegal plays that are never called when Pats linemen are downfield on screens and WRs blocking illegally early on WR screens and pick plays. But oh well,...it's the Patriots man. The Falcons tried to be America's team and failed. The Patriots are Russia's team.

Last edited by Penumbra; 01-31-2017 at 11:27 PM. Reason: additional

Their linemen would have to do a thing like that quicker than Brady releases the ball. I mean in an instant. Since they know the count, its possible but exceptionally difficult as the guys on the opposing front can make any move to get past them. If Falcons' back ups are aware of this technique then it's hard to imagine they can't get around it, especially knowing the Pats will have a lot of catching up to do by the 4th Q.

But that's exactly what happens! I've seen it many times where the Brady Bunch come from behind late in the 4th Q Brady has all the time in the world especially in the Red Zone.

How that's allowed to happen is more like something out of the Twilight Zone. I sure hope your great LB Coach remembers that sheet and gets at Brady. In these types of big games the refs allow a lot, but the D typically prevails.