Thread: Rarified air

Head Coach Material

Rarified air

Such rarified air this is. In 2 weeks, normally we'd be watching the Cowboys/Patriots, Seahawks/Patriots,...Packers/Patriots in SB 51. Well, normal is not what the sports medium deems such apparently. Falcons had no chance against the Seahawks nor the Packers in these 2017 playoffs,...then raked both of those two fine teams over the coals. Next up? Mister Brady and his bunch.

This is the way it should be. I suspect the Falcons would've destroyed the Steelers but not so the Patriots with they incredible coaching staff.

It will be repeated, hahaha assured I'll remind ya'll that the waaaayyyyyyy out there "wild card" is the Falcons youngsters on defense.

Thank you Falcons for showing class in winning. Lawd knows I'm tryin' my damndest to be humble but it's difficult when I recall some of the crap that's been said,...even today!

It should be fascinating,...Dan Quinn D/Falcons O versus,...Bill Belichick. They've called the Falcons the Patriots South before and still call them the Seahawks South as of today and that'd be fine I suppose. A Lombardi would change that,...perhaps.

On a side note all 6 Falcons chosen to the Pro Bowl won't play in Orlando. But in 2 weeks they'll be there in this NRG Stadium,...what a funky looking place. question,...why is an energy company based in Maryland owning, or at least advertising, in Houston for the Texans? hmmmm

This is because all energy companies are highly regulated and their office has to be close to D.C. even though most energy is sourced, historically, somewhere from Texas. The main issue is the flow through pipelines that extend all over the country among several different monopolistic producers. Its probably also a diversified conglomerate so like all other big corporations, they are run by and large by the push and pull of political economics. Whether its electricity or oil, its transmission required a massive infrastructure investment and the banks didn't want any competition between the producers that might / could produce losers that the bank would also suffer. All the monopolies got the funding and so the government is the only representative of the customer.

Make sense?

What would make sense is having most of the Super Bowls in Miami, since its pretty much the only place you can be assured of football weather in February. But that's a No-go, everything has to be settled among the owners of the varies franchises to their agreement--another monopoly result.

Head Coach Material
    Thought of the oil biz to begin with, and most likely coal and hydro. Prolly all of it. Yes, you made sense for a change. ;) During the Clinton years media monopolized incredibly,...fast. Like before anyone knew what was going on ABC, NBC, CBS, espn, nfln all became the same now since around 20 years,...add Disney in that mix.

That's a great idea to have every SB in Florida. Nope, not South California but Florida. Then let the dome teams get they share as well,...Dallas, Atlanta, Detroit, Indy, Nawlins but for now it's Houston. It'll be LA very soon. And leave it to Goodell and the NFL to, one day soon, play a Super Bowl in say, Mexico City or even London.

Speaking of playing the SB in Miami?,...am glad the Falcons are no where near Miami in this SB. Last time was a night mare,...