Thread: Media matters and defense

Head Coach Material

Media matters and defense

Had a fascinating conversation with an old time Falcons insider regarding tomorrow's game. I hated asking questions like a dumb fan but could not help meself. The gentleman he his, tolerated and I was honored.

Had to ask,...how does the media buildup to a big game effect preparation? Interesting response which applies to this very time we're in. Can't exactly quote so in essence this man said the media picks a high profile player, very good players before the game and dwell on them. Well,...I said it's not like a difference in preparing for the game then, right? Right Embarrassed my ass

So he offered one last 'lil thingie before I embarrassed myself further. It's basically when the media focuses on certain teams and players it's a roll of the dice for the sports media. It worked with Joe Namath before that Super Bowl. But it didn't work for Cam Newton last year. ahhhhhhhh,...meaning this constant attention placed on Aaron Rodgers alllll week long is like, who knows? Right

One last thing which will be interesting tomorrow. I asked his opinion of the Falcons defense. He said top 10 defense next season. whoaaa,...I was stunned. Ty, ty. After that conversation it went to everyone's health problems as usual.

So later it made me think,...hmmmm if the Falcons defense appears that talented with all the rookies, 2nd, 3rd year guys?,...to a guy who knows the professional game?

There is no doubt in my mind tomorrow's game will be decided as to how the Falcons defense defends the Packers' version of the WCO. Even injured the Packers defense can cause problems, so if the Falcons can't score their usual 30 points a game it'll be alllllllll on the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Penumbra View Post
    Had a fascinating conversation... So later it made me think,... hmmmm... if the Falcons defense appears that talented with all the rookies, 2nd, 3rd year guys to a guy who knows the professional game?

There is no doubt in my mind tomorrow's game will be decided as to how the Falcons defense defends the Packers' version of the WCO.

Even injured the Packers defense can cause problems, so if the Falcons can't score their usual 30 points a game it'll be alllllllll on the defense.

I think D is paramount. Falcons Achilles heel in particular is Bryan Cox. The Fins' fan perspective is sharpened by a season of having a notable defensive director now gone on to be Head Coach at Denver, who got the most out his main talent and second-string newbies alike. The Fin's corners overachieved with "I-didn't-know-he-could-do-that" moments that became game changers on the way to the playoffs.

The good teams need both sharp offense and great defense. So best of luck against the Pack and thanks for all the insightful updates this season!