• Shoutbox
    Active Users: 0

• Notice: N/A
    NFLfans processing...

Thread: In the Meantime Way Out West

In the Meantime Way Out West

After the moist and mesmerizing Jets game, the Fins jetted away to the meet Chargers, Rams, and played 9ers at home. They're all competitive, with the Rams having a more predominate defense than the others. R/T managed to come away with an over-130 QB rating in two interception-less games. That does have it's merits, but I.M.O. the D is the difference-maker.

I attribute the 7-4 record to the change (improvement) in coaching as Ross introduced better brains to the staff this season. Last season you may remember the focus had been on toughness.

Next they have to go to Baltimore for a tough test, after all the previous three teams are struggling too. The first part of the season schedule was next to impossible, but the Fins were still in the thick of it due to weak performances from the Jets and Bills.

Head Coach Material
    Quote Originally Posted by Gundermerikan View Post
    I attribute the 7-4 record to the change (improvement) in coaching as Ross introduced better brains to the staff this season. Last season you may remember the focus had been on toughness.
    As it goes with lots of things, it's not the 1960's anymore when coaches emphasized toughness. Seems today it's left up to the players and it's just a natural progression.

Another thing there were O-lineman injuries during the West Coast stretch, which is why the Rams gave them a game. Now looking forward to Baltimore, will Brandon Albert and Mike Pouncey be fully recovered? They're slated to start. I think this will be an interesting one.

Joe Flacco has as good an arm as any. He's a better pure passer than R/T.

After this are the cold north games in the division.