Thread: Are you old enough to remember?

Hybrid View

Are you old enough to remember?

Back in the early eighties there was a show called NFL Football Follies, showing various plays, players and situations, followed by other attempts at "growing the game". Please keep in mind that now the Ref's are unionized recently, and the officiating sucks, every game I watched turkey day, the ref's sucked.

Back to the point, on one of the shows there was a segment about the ref's and how they prepared , they get together and go over game film to see which players are pushing the limits or uses certain tendencies from players on both teams. It seems queer that instead of officiating objectively they meet and plot? there is no reason to watch films of either team. PERIOD

Historically a top ranked teams get favored calls IMO, all teams from the north east get the benefit of the doubt about all the time at home, my only reason for bringing it up, is even the announcers are starting to flat out say they make bad calls or I didn't see that when there are these bogus calls while defenders are being tackled and backs run right by them and no ref calls holding!
    Last edited by Jett; 11-27-2016 at 11:56 PM.
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Head Coach Material
    Ahhhh,...memories,...like,...

And now it's like,...

Oh, the refs,...I checked a Cardinals forum. Sounds like Falcons fans back when the refs seemed to enjoy torturing us. I thought both early pass INT calls were legit. Of course the muppet heads said they saw no foul.pffffft And that the calls were "gifts."

Note the Cards O-line was allowed to tackle Falcons defenders in the 1st half and racked up all that run yardage? In the 3rd qtr. the refs flagged the Cards twice for holding which caused the line to play straight up and all the sudden the Falcons D-line looked like the steel curtain? It's just ridiculous and fortunately the Falcons were up in score at halftime or today's game would've been a loss.

Cardinals fans are allllllllllll angry with the officials. And it's sad in a way,...they all agree their season is over. I swear man, makes me feel for them cause I been dere a few times.