Thread: Good game Eagles!

Head Coach Material

Good game Eagles!

It's funny about football. Ya can complain about the refs, which, geesh man,...holding in the NFL is allowed, at they discretion. But the underlying truth is the Eagles out coached the Falcons staff, beat the **** outta them. NOT with superior talent but with scheme. It was a similar thing we saw when Mike Smith was the Falcons coach, early around 2008, '09,...when Mike Mularki was the Crows' O-coor. The Eagles played keep away ball and it worked. The Eagles ran the ball down the Falcons' throats, ate up time and in fact,...dominated the game.

While we saw the Falcons battle, it was clear to me the Eagles would win today,...at halftime. yep

I could and most likely will criticize Dan Quinn's approach to this game. Lemme just say,...most old timer D-coors would blitz the **** outta a rookie QB. I saw only three blitzes today, two were in the 1st half. Two all out blitzes and one cornerback blitz. More defenders in the box may have helped protecting the run, but no. The Eagles rushed for a season high today.

Eagles players are well behaved as are Falcons players, well coached. It was a kinda ugly game, one of those that makes ya feel better when ya win it.

I'd say of the teams the Falcons have faced this season, the Eagles are a good team, not the best team Atlanta has faced but a good team.

Good luck to my few Eagles fans the rest of the year. Maybe we'll meet in the playoffs and matchup all those rookies again.

Quote Originally Posted by Penumbra View Post
    I'd say of the teams the Falcons have faced this season, the Eagles are a good team, not the best team Atlanta has faced but a good team. Good luck to my few Eagles fans the rest of the year. Maybe we'll meet in the playoffs and matchup all those rookies again.
    I think it helps having a good first-year coach. The Eagles won a string out to start the season, collapsed, then got back on track. Perhaps Atlanta's vaunted (!) defensive coaches didn't know what to expect, or how to disrupt their game. On offense it's hard to take, with Matt Ice having his worst outing yet this season.

Meanwhile down in the Southern hemisphere, Miami followed up to give the vaunted Phillips River an even worse experience. R/T earned an 130+ rating in the process. The Chargers were still competitive, though.

Head Coach Material
    Quote Originally Posted by Gundermerikan View Post
    Meanwhile down in the Southern hemisphere, Miami followed up to give the vaunted Phillips River an even worse experience. R/T earned an 130+ rating in the process. The Chargers were still competitive, though.
    Well, when a team forces 4 turnovers it's pretty much gonna result in a win but! 3 Dolphins sacks too, although Rivers did get his 300 yards passing. Add a Dolphins defensive TD and,...the Chargers won time of possession and total yardage. Miami was penalized 11 times to the 4 flags the Chargers drew. And the Dolphins fumbled 3 times, losing only one. What's his name Ayui had a nice run for some distance and so did Tannyheel,...about a 20 yard scramble. I dunno, but the Chargers are a fun team to watch. Tannyheel's QB rating, whew! SIZZLIN'

The Dolphins are in position to gain a wild card spot.