Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Huge move in the point spread for tonight.

Taylor will be on the move tonight. By design I mean. So yeah try to contain him in the pocket. But he won't be spending much time there by design IMO.

I f it is by design that's fine I am more concerned on broken plays where he is able to escape pressure because we do not contain him by playing smart lane defense...

Quote Originally Posted by JWilly View Post

Taylor will be on the move tonight. By design I mean. So yeah try to contain him in the pocket. But he won't be spending much time there by design IMO.
    IMO Tyrod Taylor was the impetus for drafting Darron Lee. He exposed our lack of speed at linebacker last year. We had nobody at the second level who could contain him when he got out of the pocket and ran. Thats partly why we drafted a small, but speedy backer who ran in the 4.4's, to cover TE's and spy mobile QB's like Taylor.

So NOW, TONIGHT, is when Lee better start paying dividends.
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 09-16-2016 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    Two things can account for the line moving as drastically as it has in a few days, AND YES, that constitutes a drastic move by NFL standards.

But its a combination of these two things in my view, not one or the other, but both ...

1. The Jets D-Line recording 7 Sacks last week verses one of the better O-lines in the league, and without Sheldon Richardson who makes his return tonight.

2. The announcement yesterday that Cordy Glenn, one of the best young LT's in the league, is OUT for this game, something that was being speculated.

Also, the Bills don't have much of a player at RT either, so the Jets D-line, at least on paper, should really reek havoc tonight.

The revelation that Sammy Watkins is a bit gimpy contributes to the movement in the line as well, but IMO Glenn is the biggest factor.
    I don't think the Jets recorded a sack tonight.

Fitzpatrick tore Rex & Rob a new one on national tv AND put his @ss squarely on the hot seat for 2016. Yeah that must've been it.

LET THE REX WATCH BEGIN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JWilly View Post

Fitz however gets $12m so he should be pretty good.
    37 points on $12m is a damn bargain in this league