Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 49

Thread: Thank God that wasn't our Brandon Marshall

  1. #1

    Thank God that wasn't our Brandon Marshall

    I know our guy sympathizes with Kaepernick, but he's not about to sit for the Anthem -- at least, one would think (?)

    I hear the Seattle TEAM is thinking of doing this too --- ON 9/11.

    I'll believe it when I see it.


  2. #2
    I'm telling you right now if any one of our guys in green and white decides to take a knee during the anthem on Sunday they are dead to me.

    This is just SO idiotic....

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by MSGold12 View Post
    I'm telling you right now if any one of our guys in green and white decides to take a knee during the anthem on Sunday they are dead to me.

    This is just SO idiotic....

    This country's getting dangerous, they are trying to stoke the fire. The stats just do not reflect their narrative but they continue to push it, and for what? The black community is riddled with drug crime, they want less policing so they can go on killing and ravaging their own communities. Cops are pigs, they want them all dead, but when they get robbed or shot at, first thing they do is call the police.

    Kaepernik is an idiot not a hero. Only racist blacks see him as a hero, I will say it, any black person who sees Kaepernik as a hero is a racist. This is what needs to start happening, we have to call it out, many people see the double standard and are afraid to speak out and call it what it is, BLM is a racist movement that not only puts whites and other races in danger but it also undermines public order and security.
    Last edited by slikmojet; 09-09-2016 at 01:56 PM.
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!

  4. #4
    The more a BLM grows in acceptance the more crime we will see and the less secure we will be.
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!

  5. #5
    A few years ago, there was a gas leak explosion in Harlem. Big one, an entire Apartment Building was destroyed, I'm sure you guys remember it.

    In the Aftermaths , Charlie Rangel, US Congressman from New York Cities 13th District stated, "This is our 9/11". Yes. A sitting Congressman from the borough of Harlem, in The City of New York called an accidental explosion which caused 1or 2 deaths, "Our 9/11". "Our", as in Black People.

    They have chosen to completely separate themselves from general society, and then scream about exclusion. They take advantage of every social and economic program this Nations Taxpayers foot the bill for, and tgen scream about oppression, and have become so tone deaf, that they disassociate themselves from events that effect all of us.

    It's despicable, and any social dissonance they feel is of their own making. And if ANY New York Jet isn't standing for the National Anthem in the anniversary of September 11th, then that is unforgivable.
    Last edited by Jet_Engine1; 09-09-2016 at 02:28 PM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by MSGold12 View Post
    I'm telling you right now if any one of our guys in green and white decides to take a knee during the anthem on Sunday they are dead to me.

    This is just SO idiotic....
    The morning jamokes on WEEI were pondering if any Patriots would follow suit on this publicity stunt. They concluded none would. Why? Because the players know there would be serious consequences for any distractions like this. But for teams like the 49ers and Broncos, and who knows who next, they are lax and giving the party line that it's all about their 1st amendment rights, (probably hoping it dies down, when they are actually stoking the fires letting this go on).

    Hogwash! It's all about division and self-promotion as ideologues. And as employers, they are free to PUNISH any such subversion, disunity, and unrest as they see fit. Now, if it's a high enough profile and valued player, they are not going to get cut, but we will see who takes this seriously and who doesn't. This could tear teams apart as it is tearing the Nation apart if they don't watch themselves carefully and find things to UNIFY them.

    As fans, we can do something about it too. We can start boycotting these games if this sh!t persists. We can cancel Sunday Ticket and even our dish or cable. 'Eff them. If they want to cry oppression, let's show them what it looks like where it hurts!
    Last edited by ibleedgreen; 09-09-2016 at 02:46 PM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by slikmojet View Post
    This country's getting dangerous, they are trying to stoke the fire. The stats just do not reflect their narrative but they continue to push it, and for what? The black community is riddled with drug crime, they want less policing so they can go on killing and ravaging their own communities. Cops are pigs, they want them all dead, but when they get robbed or shot at, first thing they do is call the police.

    Kaepernik is an idiot not a hero. Only racist blacks see him as a hero, I will say it, any black person who sees Kaepernik as a hero is a racist. This is what needs to start happening, we have to call it out, many people see the double standard and are afraid to speak out and call it what it is, BLM is a racist movement that not only puts whites and other races in danger but it also undermines public order and security.
    NO NO NO. the "black community" is not a monolithic body of people in lock step. If you think that, you're a racist. BLM is NOT a racist movement. It's a movement that seeks to stop the violence of the police against black people. Whatever the crime rate is of black people against black people, it's really irrelevant to the issue of police assaulting citizens.

    I know that I won't convince people who have no contact with black people that Black Lives Matter. Because, let's face it, they probably don't. They don't to many black people. But they actually DO matter because it is human life we're talking about. And, really, it's lame to think that because in poor neighborhoods black people kill other black people that the police should have free reign to kill, assault, harass, etc. the Police should be acting at a much higher standard.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ibleedgreen View Post
    their 1st amendment rights
    And as employers, they are free to PUNISH any such subversion, disunity, and unrest as they see fit.
    That is correct. The 1st amendment protects their right to free speech, meaning they can't be jailed for this behavior. It says nothing about what an employer can do.

  9. #9

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by NotEasyBeingGreen View Post
    That is correct. The 1st amendment protects their right to free speech, meaning they can't be jailed for this behavior. It says nothing about what an employer can do.
    I would LOVE to see them try and punish a player for not standing for the National Anthem. It's about as UN-American as it goes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO