Thread: Defense,...Dwight Freeny

Head Coach Material

Defense,...Dwight Freeny

A 1 year deal,...bring it on Freeny. Freeny isn't an idiot. He sees what the Falcons are doing on defense and it will accentuate his talents,...even in a limited role. Yeah he's an old timer,...a limited role. Remember John Abraham ya'll? A 10 sack season would be,...wunnerful.

Well Dan Quinn,...you've assembled an impressive defensive roster,...let's kick some bootays with it.

Tellin' ya'll the Falcons defense is something to,...ummm,...keep an eye on fer sher.

On paper.............it looks decent, can they excel in the system.They picked matty a couple of times today, his timing id off, gotta get used to the speed again
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Head Coach Material
    Yeah on paper and early in TC the defense is taking it to the offense. Here's more about Freeny,...was funny what he said about TC

Dwight Freeny arrived in Atlanta Thursday and held a little press conference at Flowery Branch later. espn covered it. Commentary follows,...

"I love the game and I love to play," Freeney said. "I'm one of those guys you're going to have to pull me off the field. ... So if it's 18 snaps, then it's 18 snaps. If it's 30 snaps, it's 30 snaps. If it's 45, 50, they're going to have to get me an IV, but I'll still go out there and then still play."

With a big smile Freeny then said,...

"I tried to hold out as long as I could," Freeney said. "I'm like, 'Man, camp, I'm not looking forward to that. It's hot and the heat. Who wants to go to another camp?' But you know what? It's a blessing honestly, just to be playing, doing something like this, playing a kid's game. And it's still playing the game that I love 15 years. ... Overall, if I have to come a little bit early, I'm sure they'll take care of me."

hahaha,...reminds me of John Abraham, a guy who didn't go to a single TC whilst with the Jets. His first appearance at a TC was the first year he signed with Atlanta. Reason being, what Freeny said,..."I'm sure they'll take care of me." And there's no doubt Dan Quinn will,...just like when Mike Smith took care of Abraham.

Freeny sort of let it out he won't be expected to do anything else but rush the QB,...cool. I'll take an 8 sack season from Freeny, especially against this guy,...

Very good, that's going to lead to an improvement.