This bunch,...this bunch of Falcons coaches, players who know what being a Falcon is,...they know to gain respect it alllll starts on defense. This is a definite scheme and is,...the West Coast Defense, nooooo doubt now.

Here's what's been reported just today. The AJC ranked the newcomers,...mostly all D-players and I swear, we either have good timing or they're reading my posts or feeding off the obvious info,...which means media members need us lil' peeps to inform them or rather, grant them experience and imagination they lack but can use. Well, here it is,...linebackers covering wide receivers,...

“In our defense, we put a lot on our backers… regarding vertical responsibility with receivers,” linebackers coach Jeff Ulbrich said.

Ya'll know what "vertical responsibility" with WRs means? Of course it means at times a LB will be covering a WR,...VERTICALLY,...up the field. That LB had best be able to run. Yep,...said that in another post,...I wrote,..."Okay lemme say this,...Dan Quinn was forced to play lots of zone cover for one reason and it wasn't because the Falcons didn't have competent man-to-man cover corners. It was the awful, AWFUL linebackers(and a safety), who couldn't cover someone with a broke leg.

Lemme repeat myself,...if Quinn did that last season(play more man cover), the Falcons would've gone 4-12 instead of 8-8. The Falcons linebackers were simply horrendous, even in Zone cover!,...in any attempt to cover an opposing TE or RB,...just,...offenses gashed the Falcons with 10, 12, 15 yards passes, kept the D on the field too long and using up possession time even in zone cover."

Anyone could see all that. So here's something 'bout the Falcons 2nd round pick,...MLB Deion Jones ranked 5th as most important off season acquisition,...

5. Deion Jones, rookie, middle linebacker. He’ll have to beat out Paul Worrilow, the team’s leading tackler over the past three seasons. There’s a clear path to the field for Jones if he can cover running backs on third-down situations. Worrilow was a liability in pass coverage last season, as opposing quarterbacks had a 104.6 passer rating throwing in his direction. Jones ran the 40-yard dash in 4.38 seconds at LSU’s Pro Day and has the speed to keep up with running backs..

And finally about the safety,...1st round pick,...

“The strong safety position is a critical one for us and one that’s really valuable,” Dan Quinn said.

Well, well,...now the cat's out the damped baig. BUT!!! Ya know what?,...this defense has been fun to dissect, no doubt. Is it too early to be excited? Why heck yeah. And given today's bs a goin' on some of us require an escape from the insanity sometimes,...until that Browns player,...pfffft, what's wrong with him?

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/foo...emium-referral

superman VS superman,...oops this was 'bout defense,...it's a team sport so? sore loser,...sorry couldn't resist,...