• Shoutbox
    Active Users: 0

• Notice: N/A
    NFLfans processing...

Thread: O-line supreme importance

Head Coach Material

O-line supreme importance

Hey xardoz,...I feel king of awkward posting here. Hope it's alright with you,...I just keep up with the Saints at goldandblack.com and they keep me up to date with the Saints.

Sean Payton knows, while others ignore it, his O-line must be a good one, duh. Here's the current Saints depth chart at O-line,...

LT (2) 72 - Terron Armstead, 70 - Ryker Mathews, 79 - Joseph Cheek

LG (2) 68 - Tim Lelito, 65 - Senio Kelemete, 71 - Kaleb Eulls

C (2) 60 - Max Unger, 66 - Jack Allen, 61 - Marcus Henry

RG (1) 75 - Andrus Peat, 62 - Cyril Lemon, 78 - Landon Turner

RT (1) 64 - Zach Strief, 74 - Tyrus Thompson, 67 - Avery Young

Some of those guys will get cut or make the practice squad as most NFL teams keep 7 or maybe 8 O-linemen. And hey ya'll, Max Unger can still play at a high level, oh yeah and that LT Armstead? Oh he's prolly one of the best LTs in the league. Strief is like a better run blocker but capable.

There it is and remember the Saints won a Lombardi with a low ranked defense but an unstoppable offense. Signature,...Sean Payton.

Upper Deck, On the Rail
    LT (2) 72 - Terron Armstead, 70 - Ryker Mathews, 79 - Joseph Cheek
    .... I actually see Mathews backing up at Tackle. He has impressed sofar. Armstead is on the PUP now.

LG (2) 68 - Tim Lelito, 65 - Senio Kelemete, 71 - Kaleb Eulls
    ..... This is going to be the dogfight.

C (2) 60 - Max Unger, 66 - Jack Allen, 61 - Marcus Henry
    ..... Jack Allen is my dark horse to make the team. He played real gutsy at Mich. St.

RG (1) 75 - Andrus Peat, 62 - Cyril Lemon, 78 - Landon Turner
    ..... I really hope Peat beats out Strief at RT. Lemon was ok in spot duty last year, but his only saving grace was being bookened by Unger and Strief. Most of the pressures Strief gave up was a. buried at the snap or was blocking inside. Landon Turner needs to work on the feet a bit more as Saints guards tend to pull allot and move.

RT (1) 64 - Zach Strief, 74 - Tyrus Thompson, 67 - Avery Young
    ... I had hope for Young, but I bet he is IR'd - he has some lingering injury issues.
    I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. - Thomas Jefferson