Thread: RUN THE FOOTBALL,...down they throats

Head Coach Material

RUN THE FOOTBALL,...down they throats

Oh well,...I tend to get in twubble with Falcons fans. Okay, right to it,...I get so tired of Ffans complaining about the ding dang da*** O-coordinator. It was Mike Mularkey, Dick Koetter and now it's Kyle Shanahan. Good grief people,...it's like blue in the face trying to convince ya'll it'll be alright, geeesh ok? Oh so Mularkey and Koetter were awful O-coordinators?,...guess what? One's an O-coor for another team and the other is a head coach now, how bout that? Leave Shanny JR alone and see what happens this year before you wanna have him fired.

I promise ya'll if the Falcons O struggles he may just be dealt with. That would take a complete crumbling of the offense and a losing season.

Okay, lemme try to edumacate ya'll, prolly repeating myself but I've learned people must be told something over and over,...even a lie, before they light comes on above they het.

RUN THE DANGED FOOTBALL!

<sigh>Here it is,...personally, I enjoy watching an NFL offense run the ball well. It helps the pass game, the QB, yada yada,...but it makes the game better. Here's another thang,...when there's more effective running it makes the WRs HONGRY and will make every time they're targeted MEAN SOMETHING.

Finally, FINALLY the Falcons have a pretty good O-line, I will say he best O-line(on paper), since 4 years ago, maybe. Well, here's what Shanny JR said about play calling,..."when you start struggling to run the ball, you get a lot of four-man rushes.[/u] Allow me to tell ya'll what he means. The Falcons will RUN THE DANGED BALL this season, even with 7 in the box just to keep the defense honest, most likely playing zone in cover which,...opens up the short passing game. Another factor,...you fantasy types think Freeman will be your pick?,...ahem, there's a RB named Coleman who is a big time sleeper, as ya'll call them. In fact Coleman is way more explosive than Freeman who had a 1000 yards season.

And then there's dis duo,...

Head Coach Material
    This is all about the new defenses that we've been talking bout this Summer. nfl.com,...the hybrid. It's known as the LEO,...part safety/linebacker and even part LB/DE,...as such is Vic Beasley. But it all comes down to,...RUN THE FOOTBALL DOWN THEY THROAT!

NFL Media analyst and former scout Bucky Brooks said, "These guys give their teams flexibility because they can match up against tight ends or in the slot and tackle in space. They are fast enough in coverage but stout enough to stop the run. There is a huge need for those kinds of players right now with the focus on the passing game."

And then NFL Media analyst and 15-year pro linebacker Willie McGinest weighed in,..."It's tough finding that happy medium with these types of players. On one hand, they create mismatches against tight ends and running backs out in space. On the other though, they can get consumed against teams that power-run the football." aaahhhhaaaa,...jussst what we been saying for years now,...run the danged football boys. Build an O-line, have a decent QB with a great WR,...draft RBs whom are quick, not so much like an Ironhead Heyward and voila. But here's the kicker,...a prediction I've made before and one that Bucky Brooks made in the piece,...

"Running the ball will be more in vogue in coming years than it has been, which hybrids will struggle against because of their size." hmmmmm,...I did predict there'll be more running the ball in the future but I sort of disagree that hybrids would struggle cause of they size. These guys are lighter no doubt, but even a former NFL scout doesn't know that any defender around 200 lbs. who's tough enough can handle a pulling guard with his *quickness* not so much his weight. I've seen 200 lbs. safeties take on O-linemen many times through the years, like someone just made all this stuff up last year. Reminds me of that stupid WILD CAT bs,...a fad recently but had been used since the creation of the game, pffft.

Are there some teams who focus on the run game as much as the passing game? Two right off hand I think of are the Bills and Vikings. Well,...as ya'll read what Kyle Shanny said,...expect the Falcons to join those two teams as a run-first mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Penumbra View Post
    Well, here's what Shanny JR said about play calling,..."when you start struggling to run the ball you get a lot of four-man rushes. Allow me to tell ya'll what he means. The Falcons will RUN THE DANGED BALL this season, even with 7 in the box just to keep the defense honest, most likely playing zone in cover which,...opens up the short passing game. Another factor.
    Remember the old days,...2 and a half hour, low scoring games? This thinking of going to the run more will reeeaaaaly mess up the fantasy footballers.

God L will make sure the passing game is pushed, know why? You mentioned it and it is and will be the very reason it will not happen. Because of FF the fan base has seemed to expand, it makes these mindless lil sheep to buy multiple jerseys from they FF team! You know, where they can be the big time owners, and GM's and coaches!!!!! They can be it all and brag to other mindless morons in "his league" about how they assembled a championship team.

That is not a fan of the game, it is a fan of themselves and about 20 to 30 players. God L better be fired by his bosses soon or this game is gone and it may already be too late!
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.