Thread: Memory makings

Head Coach Material

Memory makings

My friend reminded me of bad memories. A few years ago, 2012 the Falcons and Broncos both had the best records in the NFL at 13-3. And it looked like both teams were destined to meet in another Super Bowl. But no, the Ravens eliminated Denver and the 49ers beat the Falcons in both Conference Championship games. The Niners had this 2nd year sensation at QB named Colon Cappernick.

People forget the Niners started Alex Smith in 9 games that 2012 season. hmmmm Alex Smith sounds familiar, and if ya'll recall when Capper came on the scene the media went into worship mode. It was Capper's ability to run the football why the media was sooooo enamored. Capper played in 13 games starting the last 7 games that year. He was the 2nd leading rusher on the team with 415 yds. And he was 25 years old back then. He's 29 now. Oh yeah, and remember the potent 2012 Niners defense was why they appeared in the SB. But yeah, my buddy reminded me of that tough as heck loss to the Niners in the NFC Championship Game. It was the Falcons proverbial "window season" to a Lombardi, and it was there in 2012. There ain't been no window since then that's fer sher.

Looking back to the '80's I remember the Niners coming to Atlanta and literally embarrassing the Falcons. We always stayed for the entire game and there were times in the old stadium when at the 2nd half 2 minute warning only a few hundred Falcons fans remained. Back then the Niners players, Montana/Rice/Lott all admitted they were out to embarrass teams and that's the way to approach football cause if you don't embarrass them they might embarrass you. Karma sometimes takes decades to enable.

As we saw in Los Angels,...a team can have a bad day. On any given yadada.

Well, we're on the hoooome stretch! Those pesky Bucs, mmm mmm mmm. Where's PreferNFL when ya need him? Lol

Additional,...

Last edited by Penumbra; 12-18-2016 at 02:55 AM. Reason: Additional

Head Coach Material
    It'll be better this time Matty. Just change the damn play every time from a pass to a run.