Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitz/Shaub Comparison

Fitz/Shaub Comparison

So glad to see more articles surfacing not bashing McCags on the Fitz contract situation. This article relating what McCags witnessed in Houston with Shaub is dead on and well written.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/here-s...011939632.html

not a fan of boomer & carton most of the time, but they started turning on fitz this morning, good to see. carton must have read our board, he hit all the right talking points

Nice comeback for anyone who has an issue with how McCags is handling this..

Two words: Matt Shaub

(Whom I believe gg coveted too, btw.. )

Quote Originally Posted by ibleedgreen View Post
    Nice comeback for anyone who has an issue with how McCags is handling this..

Two words: Matt Shaub

(Whom I believe gg coveted too, btw.. )
    Hey I'll tell ya what. It's been slightly touched on here but not really. I HAVE AN ISSUE with how Mac is handling this. And is a full 180 from what everyone else's issue with Mac is. Forget about the "insulting lowball $8m" issue that is the theme here and now Mac is suddenly JUSTIFIED because he wasn't low balling poor Ryan Fitzpatrick after all. No!! F@ck that. I have a SERIOUS ISSUE with Mac for offering $12m in the first place to a JAG bottom 10 QB.

$8m was already a GIFT. Fitz asking for more is fine. Ask away. See if you can get s private locker room and a company helicopter thrown in. Ask ask ask. No harm in asking. But Mac offering $12m for a JAG with ZERO other offers on the table? Sorry that is a HACK move.

If Fitz leads this team to the playoffs, fine, I will HAPPILY eat my words and enjoy the ride. But WHEN Fitz is benched during the season for performance, Mac looks like a HACK.

Yup, I got issues with Mac on this one. You don't pay QBs who are EASY TO BEAT!!!!!! You pay QBs who are hard to beat. You pay QBs who on any given Sunday can be the sole reason your team won. You pay QBs that can carry you to a victory now and then, if not often. You pa QBs that get to, and win, in the playoffs. Not QBs who have never taken a playoff snap and who just choked epicly in the closest game to the playoffs he has ever played in. Sorry; that's not "just 1 game". Nope. Thst was THE GAME where Fitz could have UNWRITTEN the entire negative/skeptical story line on his amazing, (or fools gold) 2015 season.

Can't beat a good team. Can't beat a good defense. Can't throw in bad weather. Has never played in a playoff game.

That's the storyline of 2015 if you don't believe in Fitz. And Fitz could have REVERSED IT ALL in week 17 by going into Buffalo and beating a good team, winning in the bad weather, winning a "playoff" game. Nope. He CHOKED. At an epic, Bufftfumble SOJ level!!!!

YOU DONT PAY those types of QBs.

WTF Mac?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Team Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by JWilly View Post
    Hey I'll tell ya what. It's been slightly touched on here but not really. I HAVE AN ISSUE with how Mac is handling this. And is a full 180 from what everyone else's issue with Mac is. Forget about the "insulting lowball $8m" issue that is the theme here and now Mac is suddenly JUSTIFIED because he wasn't low balling poor Ryan Fitzpatrick after all. No!! F@ck that. I have a SERIOUS ISSUE with Mac for offering $12m in the first place to a JAG bottom 10 QB.

$8m was already a GIFT. Fitz asking for more is fine. Ask away. See if you can get s private locker room and a company helicopter thrown in. Ask ask ask. No harm in asking. But Mac offering $12m for a JAG with ZERO other offers on the table? Sorry that is a HACK move.

If Fitz leads this team to the playoffs, fine, I will HAPPILY eat my words and enjoy the ride. But WHEN Fitz is benched during the season for performance, Mac looks like a HACK.

Yup, I got issues with Mac on this one. You don't pay QBs who are EASY TO BEAT!!!!!! You pay QBs who are hard to beat. You pay QBs who on any given Sunday can be the sole reason your team won. You pay QBs that can carry you to a victory now and then, if not often. You pa QBs that get to, and win, in the playoffs. Not QBs who have never taken a playoff snap and who just choked epicly in the closest game to the playoffs he has ever played in. Sorry; that's not "just 1 game". Nope. Thst was THE GAME where Fitz could have UNWRITTEN the entire negative/skeptical story line on his amazing, (or fools gold) 2015 season.

Can't beat a good team. Can't beat a good defense. Can't throw in bad weather. Has never played in a playoff game.

That's the storyline of 2015 if you don't believe in Fitz. And Fitz could have REVERSED IT ALL in week 17 by going into Buffalo and beating a good team, winning in the bad weather, winning a "playoff" game. Nope. He CHOKED. At an epic, Bufftfumble SOJ level!!!!

YOU DONT PAY those types of QBs.

WTF Mac?!?!?!?!?!?!?

This ^^^^^^^

This year the greatest cheater in the history of team sports is actually suspended for 4 games, and Jets fans want to start Geno Smith, to save money.

Team Owner
    The Jets have a schedule with very few cream puffs on it and GGBit wants to start the guy who couldn't beat one good team last year.

Quote Originally Posted by pope View Post
    The Jets have a schedule with very few cream puffs on it and GGBit wants to start the guy who couldn't beat one good team last year.
    It's not saying much but Ryan Fitzpatrick was the best Jets QB we've seen since Favre. And Chad before that. He won 10 games last year and this "they aren't good teams" who cares? Every win in the NFL is valuable.

Would you rather see the Jets win 9 or 10 games or lose 9 or 10 games?

Team Owner
    You know I hate the idea of Fitz being on this team.

However...I can justify the 12M.

And that is if AND ONLY IF they really want Fitz here for the next 3 years to mentor the other QBs and be a backup to them in 2017. That 12M then represents a big upfront payment and then eases him into a backup contract for year 2 and vet min deal in year 3. If that's the offer, I get it. I don't like it, but I get it. Otherwise, offer him 8 for 1 year and tell him take it or shove it up your ass and impose a deadline. The inflation is the cushion for handcuffing him to the team for 2 more years as a guaranteed backup.

But for me....honestly I'd pull out of this idiotic 1 horse race immediately. There is zero value to having a guy who can't win and keeping him to mentor your young QBs. That's why you get good positional coaches in place. You want a vet to be a guy who shows the players what it takes to be successful in the NFL long term? Great. Call up some former great who's now out of the league and offer him a consulting job to mentor and babysit the young QBs for a year or two and give them as much of Woody's inheritance as it takes. They don't affect the cap and they would actually be guys you want your QBs to model themselves after.
    J-E-T-S! It's not exactly a passion, it's generally more of a sickness.

FACT: The New York Jets will never win a Super Bowl with Woody Johnson as the owner.

Team Owner
    They aren't winning 9 or 10 games with Fitz, he can't beat good teams, they have many on the schedule this year so your question is idiotic.