Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: $12mil offer on the table for Fitztragic

Team Owner

$12mil offer on the table for Fitztragic

Decker, are you offended? Because I am, I'm offended they're offering a scub that much money.

Mark Cannizzaro of the New York Post reports that the Jets have a three-year offer on the table for free agent QB Ryan Fitzpatrick that would pay him $12 million in the first year of the contract.

Sources have told Cannizzaro that the offer has actually been on the table for months, which is interesting, considering that previous reports have said that the Jets were low-balling Fitzpatrick with an $8 million per year contract.

Upper Deck, On the Rail
    You gotta wonder where the 12 mil will come from. I think we're only 3 mil under the cap

If that offer has truly been on the table for months and Fitz is turning it own then not only do the media idiots, Decker, many fans, and some here owe McCags an apology, they should also be prepared to say so long to Fitz. I also have to question McCags for even going THAT high but my guess is its structured as a one and done.

12 mil and this career JAG is saying no? F him and F any player who defends him.

http://nypost.com/2016/05/27/jets-of...orted-lowball/

Here is the link. 12 mil in year 1 guaranteed with another 24 over the next two years possible. I wonder if jackoffs like Myers and Mehta (as well as bigger jackoffs like GG) who have been killing McCags for treating Fitz with such "disrespect" by "lowballing him" will now apologize? Truth is I am more pissed at McCags for offer that much to this ungrateful delusional JAG of a QB. Oh and Decker...get off the damn beach, put your sorry tail between your legs and get your ass to OTAs with everyone else. And on your way make a phone call to your man crush QB and tell him he's being a total idiot.

This is the worst possible news leak for Fitz and its a credit to McCags that he didn't leak it sooner. 12 mil guaranteed in year 1 and this numb nut is still holding out for more? The fans are going to turn on him very quickly as will his "allies" in the lockeroom. Didn't know harvard graduated them so stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by pope View Post
    Decker, are you offended? Because I am, I'm offended they're offering a scub that much money.

Mark Cannizzaro of the New York Post reports that the Jets have a three-year offer on the table for free agent QB Ryan Fitzpatrick that would pay him $12 million in the first year of the contract.

Sources have told Cannizzaro that the offer has actually been on the table for months, which is interesting, considering that previous reports have said that the Jets were low-balling Fitzpatrick with an $8 million per year contract.
    Lotta money to win 7 games next year

this smells like woody

Assistant Coach
    12 million for the wanna bee and never will be a winner!

I am highly skeptical about this, at least until I get some kind of confirm.

First is where did Cannizzaro get this & why now? If the offer has been on the table for months now why hasn't there been some leak prior to this. Why didn't someone like Mehta World Sleaze have something a while ago?

Second is that IMO it's gross overpaying, especially when we're only bidding against ourselves; and that hasn't been Mac's style so far.

To me something just doesn't ring true here.

Quote Originally Posted by ret2ski View Post
    I am highly skeptical about this, at least until I get some kind of confirm.

First is where did Cannizzaro get this & why now? If the offer has been on the table for months now why hasn't there been some leak prior to this. Why didn't someone like Mehta World Sleaze have something a while ago?

Second is that IMO it's gross overpaying, especially when we're only bidding against ourselves; and that hasn't been Mac's style so far.

To me something just doesn't ring true here.
    From Cimini, who has also been killing the Jets for low balling him:

The New York Jets' multiyear offer to free-agent quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick, which has been on the table for at least two months, includes $12 million in the first year, a league source confirmed Friday night.

Too much smoke here for this not to be true. Woody is pissed after the Decker thing and now he and McCags are leaking this to force Fitz hand and keep the lockeroom calm.

And interestingly, the article about this in the Daily News today is written by Seth Walder...not Myers or Metha who have been killing the Jets for weeks Myers even wrote one of the dumbest articles ever yesterday) likely because of how stupid it will make them look!
    Last edited by MSGold12; 05-28-2016 at 01:22 PM.

This is insanity. If we have 12M to spend on Fitzpatrick, it would be much better spent on Mo Wilkerson, then go with Geno until Hack or Petty are ready. This idea that Fitzpatrick is a cinch to win 10 Games again is absurd. He had a career year last year and his achilles heel, bad weather, was a non issue until that final weekend in Buffalo where he was awful. He won't get that lucky with weather again. That was a fluke in the AFCE.