Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dick Cheney Will Support DONALD TRUMP

Dick Cheney Will Support DONALD TRUMP

Gee, such an anti-establishment guy, not a "Bushy".

DICK CHENEY WILL SUPPORT DONALD TRUMP

Posted by The Right Scoop on May 6, 2016 at 3:40 PM in Politics | 942 Comments

By The Right Scoop

Dick Cheney has come out and told CNN that he will be supporting Donald Trump for president:

POLITICO
    – Former Vice President Dick Cheney will support Donald Trump as the Republican nominee for president, he told CNN on Friday.

A person familiar with Cheney’s thinking reiterated his statement that he will support the nominee of his party, as he always has.

The announced support comes after both former presidents George H.W. Bush, under whom Cheney served as defense secretary, and George W. Bush, with whom he served as vice president, said that they would not be supporting Trump or attending the Republican National Convention in Cleveland.

There’s going to be a lot of people we respect who choose to support Trump and some, like Graham, that we don’t respect who choose not to support Trump for whatever reason.

I’ve got people emailing me telling me I must state emphatically that I’m #NeverEverEverTrump, and I have others telling me I need to get behind Trump now!

Look, it’s a difficult position that we’ve been put in these days with Trumpertantrum against Obama 2.0 in a dress, and I don’t begrudge anyone who chooses to vote for Trump or chooses not to vote at all. I totally get it, we are between a rock and a hard place. It’s very frustrating.

My point is that I’m not going to attack people for either stance they take on Trump. That’s just where I’m at with this.

Add Bob Dole to the list!

(Of course, he already did this during the primary months ago when he trashed Cruz...)

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016...efeat-clinton/

Wake up people!!

You are being had -- or, you've BEEN had!

Your right. You said you would put all these articles in 1 thread to keep from spamming this forum. We're were had!

Quote Originally Posted by SOF.Gator View Post
    Your right. You said you would put all these articles in 1 thread to keep from spamming this forum. We're were had!
    Two endorsements, one thread!

More to come...

Truth be told, Trump Tribalists will NEVER admit they got suckered.

We know this. It's a function of fanatics and zealots. Their brains get turned off.

No, all anti-Trump posts were supposed to go in 1 thread. But as a Cruz supporter, I'm sure you a have convoluted explanation why what you promised is not actually what you said!

Two in One

Cheney's support is a most significant arbiter of what's to come. We may or may not agree with his politics or economics, but nobody can deny that Cheney conflated the two in the past. Interesting as always, J.E.B. decided to dis-support Tea Rump. Was that an effort to disentangle himself with dark politics?

Not sure if Dole's support has any significance at this point.

what does it mean that he will support trump? is he going to be secty of state? I don't think so...just because trump gets support doesn't mean he immediately adopts that persons policies

Well, I regard Cheney as a political capitalist. He is as well known as C.E.O. of Halliburton as he is for his political posts and there's no question the company did an enormous amount of biz during the occupation. What was supposedly a chance to have Iraq change into an economically-developed state became denied by the fact that all reconstruction was channeled into American contractors. There's not a lot of accountability behind, it either.

With Trump's ties to Russians and corrupt Ukrainian power brokers, how contradictory is Cheney's support? It's all about the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundermerikan View Post
    Cheney's support is a most significant arbiter of what's to come. We may or may not agree with his politics or economics, but nobody can deny that Cheney conflated the two in the past. Interesting as always, J.E.B. decided to dis-support Tea Rump. Was that an effort to disentangle himself with dark politics?

Not sure if Dole's support has any significance at this point.
    I think I got Jeb wrong. He may be an amnesty guy and of the GOPe, but he has principle and morals and class. In short, character. Too bad for him we live in a day and age where that signals weakness, being bought & paid for and naivete.

But still, in the end both he and Trump are statists, and thus fail my personal litmus test. That said, Trump would kill the economy much faster with his asinine agenda. Thankfully we will never be subjected to it. Too bad the alternative may be just as bad but slower agony.
    Last edited by ibleedgreen; 05-07-2016 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ibleedgreen View Post
    I think I got Jeb wrong. He may be an amnesty guy and of the GOPe, but he has principle and morals and class. In short, character. Too bad for him we live in a day and age where that signals weakness, being bought & paid for and naivete.

But still, in the end both he and Trump are statists, and thus fail my personal litmus test. That said, Trump would kill the economy much faster with his asinine agenda. Thankfully we will never be subjected to it. Too bad the alternative may be just as bad but slower agony.

You are an idiot man, the Bush family is one of the most Satanic families on the planet, morals and class... Bwahahahaha!!! What a tool you really are man, you are totally fucking clueless!
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!