• Shoutbox
    Active Users: 0

• Notice: N/A
    NFLfans processing...

Thread: Woooo Hoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! Moritz Boehringer

Celebrating in the 1st Deck

Woooo Hoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! Moritz Boehringer

Woooooooooo Hooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got my guy WR Moritz Boehringer. I would have taken him as early as our 4th so LOVE this pick in the 6th round.
    All he does is catch TOUCHDOWNS!!!!!!!!!!

I was just thinking "Now if we can get FS DeAndre Houston-Carson with our next 6th rounder and the Bear took him right before us. lol

Season Tickets, First Deck
    Congratulations Carter the Vikings got your man.

Did you happen to see what happened on the NFL network before Moritz Boehringer (MoBo) was drafted?

NFL network interviewed him. In case you didn't see it the interview it kind of went like this:

Daniel Jeremiah: 'Do you have a favorite NFL team?'

MoBo: 'The Vikings ... Saw Adrian Peterson on Youtube and it got me interested in football.'

Mike Mayock: 'Has there been any team that has paid more attention to you than others during your evaluations?'

MoBo: 'The Vikings'

Mike Mayock turns to the camera and says '... Mike Zimmer I know you like length ... he's 6'4", over 230 lbs., 4.34 40 ... come on draft this kid.'

Station goes to break and during the break Mike Zimmer calls Mike Mayock and says 'I hear you were looking for me.' They talk for a bit. Vikings end up taking MoBo with their very next pick.

Yes, I did see that on NFL Network. Was watching a tracking the draft wit NFL.com I was not aware that he was a Vikings fan because the Peterson youtube videos ae what got him interested in football. He must be excited about the chance to play with Peterson now.

Congrats Carter on getting your guy. You pushed hard for drafting him and you got your wish. I like the pick. I think he was drafted in the right spot. There were 5-6 WR's with equal or slightly better grades drafted after Boehringer but he clearly has the most upside by far.

Now I just hope he pans out and we struck gold again so I don't look like an idiot for wanting him lol

It's a great story and he seems like a nice guy. Here's a couple of things to consider: 1. The national media is talking about the Vikings in a positive light. When is the last time that happened? 2. Vikings suddenly will become the favorite team of all German NFL fans.

He's got value even if he takes a while to get anywhere

I don't know if the guy will ever do anything in the NFL. There's a lot to this on the professional level and he's coming from way down in competition. I hope he does make it. And he couldn't be much behind Patterson in football IQ so that's something, right? Good luck to him.