• Shoutbox
    Active Users: 0

• Notice: N/A
    NFLfans processing...

Thread: Got a wish list for the draft?

Got a wish list for the draft?

I guess we all have a few guys we really, really want to see in purple by the weekend. Whether they are the top at their position or not doesn't really matter. How they fit with the scheme, coaches, other players, attitude of the team are important too I think. So here' my list, and please add yours too.

WR
    Treadwell, Michael Thomas, Doctson, and Tyler Boyd are the first and second round guys that would fit. But later round guys I think will bring something interesting to the table would be Charone Peake, Aaron Burbridge, Kenny Lawler, Tajae Sharpe and Cody Core are some taller guys I would like to see the Vikings grab later in the draft.

OT
    I'm assuming Tunsil and Stanley will be gone by pick 23, but there is still a possibility that Jack Conklin or Taylor Decker could be there when we pick. In the second we may have a shot at Le'Raven Clark, Jason Spriggs, Gemain Ifedi, and Shon Coleman, all of whom could likely take Matt Kalil's spot. If we draft a tackle early, I would love to see them try to trade Kalil. Don't know if it's possible or likely, but I hope we can end that experiment sooner rather than later.

Safety
    We all likely agree that a safety to pair with Smith is a must this draft. I think there might be a run on the top safeties in the second and third rounds, so it concerns me that we might not get a guy capable of playing a lot this year if we wait too long. Besides Jalen Ramsey (who is more likely a CB) there might not be a first round safety taken. But some guys are close: Vonn Bell, Karl Joseph, Darian Thompson, Jeremy Cash, and Keanu Neal could all be second or third round guys. I really like Joseph and Bell in the second for us, but I wouldn't mind any of those above names as Vikings. A later round guy I really like is Miles Killebrew from Southern Utah. Great size (6'2" 215) and athletic. I think some other guys that would fit in nicely are hard hitting Sean Davis of Maryland and Kavon Frazier from Central Michigan. Davis has played corner and can cover and hit, so he might shoot up the boards late. Zimmer would love that guy.

CB
    I know we have two first rounder already, but this is the deepest and highest quality corner class in a long time. There are some really good corners close to 6' 200 lbs that would be great additions. Artie Burns, Xavien Howard, Eric Murray and others could be had in the third or maybe even later. I really like Deiondre' Hall from Northern Iowa and would love to see him as a Viking. 6'2" 200 lbs and arms as long as most offensive linemen, give him a year of NFL coaching and he'll be famous. He's one of my favorite players in the draft, so please Lord, don't let him go to the Packers, Bears or Lions if we can't have him

Other guys I like are DE Charles Tapper (Okl), DL Jihad Ward (Illinois), DE Carl Nassib (Penn St), OLB Deion Jones (LSU), OLB/S Su'a Cravens (USC), DT Javon Hargrave (S. Car St.), RB Jonathan Williams (Ark), RB C.J. Prosise (Notre Dame), QB Jacoby Brissett (NC St), QB Kevin Hogan (Stanford).

So whadya got?

Celebrating in the 1st Deck
    WR
    I'm not excited about this WR class. The only WRs I would really concider at #23 are Doctson and Treadwell. Like Boyd and Thomas as possible 2nd round candidates. A mid late rounder not on your list that I really like is Moritz Boehringer. I have a good gut feeling about him and would start considering him as early as the 4th round. Another late round option I like is Keyarris Garrett.

OT
    I'm really not sold on this WR class so if Conklin or Decker are available I would rather go with one of them at #23. My favorite as a possible 2nd rounder is Spriggs. I don't think anyone will give us anything good for Kalil so I think we are stuck with him for now.

S
    I like Joseph and Bell, but not enough for #23 and I think both will be gone before we pick in the 2nd. One guy I am very intigued with is Su'a Cravens. I'd like us to draft him as a safety, but he could also sub in at OLB in passing situations on 3rd downs. I like his veritility and would love to see what Zimmer could do with him. I'd consider him with our 2nd pick.

CB
    This isn't a position of need, but you can never have too many good CBs. I wouldn't go early on CB though. Couple guys I like as mid/late round option are James Bradberry and Sean Davis.

RB
    Late round RBs I like are Keith Marshall, Kenyan Drake and Wendell Smallwood
    All he does is catch TOUCHDOWNS!!!!!!!!!!

Season Tickets, First Deck
    WR So Im a Josh Doctson (TCU) and a Michael Thomas (Ohio State) fan.

OL I like Jason Spriggs (Indiana), Cody Whitehead (Kansas St) and Nick Martin (Notre Dame).

S I'm a fan of Karl Joseph (West Virginia) and Vonn Bell (Ohio St).

DL I like Andrew Billings (Baylor), Chris Jones (Mississippi St) and Sheldon Day (Notre Dame).

I would be happy if he Vikings ended up with some combination of the above after three rounds of the draft.

- Doctson, Spriggs, Bell
    - Joseph, Thomas, Martin
    - Doctson, Joseph, Day
    - Doctson, Jones, Bell

Round 1:
    If Jack Conklin is still available, which I highly doubt, I'd take him and get a big receiver later in the draft. If Conklin isn't available I'd consider Josh Doctson or Laquon Treadwell. If the Vikings decide to go best player available I'd be OK with Sheldon Rankins, A'Shawn Robinson, Reggie Ragland or Kevin Dodd. Cody Whitehair is a possiblity, although I think there are OG's in the second or third round that may end up just a good.

Round 2:
    Players I'd wouldn't mind drafting are: Le'Raven Clark, Karl Joseph, Tyler Boyd, Michael Thomas, Joshua Garnett, Chris Westerman, Su'a Cravens (just to see how Zimmer would use him) and Chris Jones.

Round 3:
    The following players are possibilities: Charone Peake, Leonte Carroe, Miles Killebrew, Sean Davis, Jeremy Cash, Connor McGovern, Joe Dahl, Deion Jones, Joshua Perry and Hassan Ridgeway.

Combinations I'd like to see:
    - Jack Conklin, Tyler Boyd, Miles Killebrew
    - Jack Conklin, Karl Joseph, Charone Peake or Leonte Carroe
    - Josh Doctson, Le'Raven Clark, Miles Killebrew
    - Josh Doctson, Karl Joseph, Connor McGovern

If we can address WR, OL and Safety positions in the first three rounds I be happy.