• Shoutbox
    Active Users: 0

• Notice: N/A
    NFLfans processing...

Thread: How my ideal draft is shaping up.

Celebrating in the 1st Deck

How my ideal draft is shaping up.

Here is how things are shaping up for me..

1) WR Josh Doctson or Laquon Treadwell (Vikings need a good big WR. Not sure which I prefer of these two)

2) OT Jason Spriggs (Vikings have made some moves in FA for the O-line, but I'd still like to see them take an OT in the first three rounds. Someone like Spriggs could develop into a long term answer at LT)

3) S/OLB Su'a Cravens (I like his versatility. Draft him primarily to play safety, but he could also sub in at OLB on passing downs too. I think he is a good fit for Zimmer style football)

4) DT Chris Jones (adds depth with future starter potential)

5) WR Moritz Boehringer (Hope he falls this far and the Vikings can strike gold again in the 5th round. I don't think he will fall this far though)

6) RB Wendell Smallwood or Keith Marshall (Who know how much longer Peterson will be with the Vikings. Take a shot here on a RB with sleeper potential)

7) DE Tyrone Holmes

7) OLB De'Vondre Campbell
    All he does is catch TOUCHDOWNS!!!!!!!!!!

Season Tickets, First Deck
    So I really like your draft Carter. If the Vikings end up with all those players they will have had an outstanding draft. Just not sure if Su'a Cravens and Chris Jones will be around in the 3rd and 4th rounds of the draft. They could both be gone before the third round begins.

Yeah, I thought I was pushing my luck with Su'a Cravens and Chris Jones in the 3rd and 4th rounds too, but it is a dream draft. lol

I'd love to see how Zimmer would use Cravens. I think he could be a real unique guy with his versatility. You don't have to be a really big guy to play OLB in a defense like the Vikings run, and the coverage ability would be cool. I agree that he might not make it that far though.

Spriggs is a great athlete for LT alright. I don't think he would play any this season because he's widely regarded as not quite strong enough for the pro game yet. But we need to invest in the future of that position with Kalil likely gone after this season. I know I'm dreaming but I really wish the Vikings would be able to go OT in the first round or two. Conklin or Decker in the first, Spriggs/Clark/Ifedi/Whitehair in the second would be ideal imo.

This WR class is so much different than last year's. Treadwell's slow 40 times have me wondering if there is an "elite" WR at all in this crop. He'll still go in the first, and he'll likely be a very good pro, but those slow 40s were pretty disappointing. Doctson is big, fast and wins jump balls, so he's practically a first round lock too. Coleman from Baylor is on the verge too I think. But below those guys there is a glut of role-playing WRs that will be great values. I'm convinced we'll get two WRs in this draft: one high, one low.

Chris Jones would be a nice fit. I think we'll get an inside rusher sometime in this draft. I've seen many guys associated with us in mocks: Hassan Ridgeway, Carl Nassib, Willie Henry, Javon Heargraves. I wouldn't fuss over any of those guys getting picked. Not really sure if DE will be in play until late (since our starters are excellent) but you can never have enough ends.

You're right about a later pick at RB too. We've got to be prepared for AP's departure (I think this is his last season in Minnesota. Just a feeling). I like C.J. Prosise, Kenyan Drake, and Paul Perkins for the Vikings.

I like Campbell too. Quick guy would be a special teams ace early, maybe a player sooner than later.

I like C.J. Prosise and Kenyan Drake too, but I think they will be gone in the 4th maybe 5th rounds. I'm not really excited about the this WR class either I only went with WR in the 1st over OT because we did make some moves for Oline in FA. I would be fine with taking Conklin or Decker in the first.

Something like..

1) OT Conklin or Decker

2) S/OLB Su'a Cravens

3) DT Chris Jones

4) RB C.J. Prosise or Kenyan Drake

5) WR Moritz Boehringer

6) WR Cody Core, Jay Lee or Marquez North

7) DE Tyrone Holmes

7) OLB De'Vondre Campbell

Everyone seems to be in agreement that 3rd and 4th is probably too late for Cravens and Jones so I moved them up here too.