• Shoutbox
    Active Users: 0

• Notice: N/A
    NFLfans processing...

Thread: Draft 2016

Celebrating in the 1st Deck

Draft 2016

My first run at the Vikings 2016 draft. I'm sure it will change many times before draft day get here.

1) DE Emmanuel Ogbah

2) G Sebastian Tretola

3) S James Bradberry

4) WR Geronimo Allison

5) OT Jerald Hawkins

6) ILB Cassanova McKinzy

7) RB Wendell Smallwood

7) S A.J. Stamps
    All he does is catch TOUCHDOWNS!!!!!!!!!!

I love ya bro, but I'm not a fan

Defensive line is DEEP in this draft, and I'm not sure we need anyone there anyway. Griffin, Floyd, , Ellis, Hunter. We've got starters already, and guys like Shamar Stephens, Scott Crichton, Tom Johnson, et al. make contributions. We can add some depth later but I don't see it in the first round.

I've never heard of James Bradberry. I'm really hoping Zimmer pushes for George Iloka to sign with us and we don't have to draft safety. It's not exactly a strong position in the draft, but it never is.

You do address the Oline fairly early, which is good.

Hope I didn't sound too critical, we're all friends here.

Yeah, I was frustrated with the 1st pick. I wanted to address Oline or WR there, but I wasn't a fan of any of the prospects at those positions that I felt would be available. I would definitely change my pick if someone fell further than I expected. I went with DE Emmanuel Ogbah because he looks like a beast and I felt like he was at least worth the 23rd pick. I don't think the Vikings are gonna keep Robinson around with Hunter slated to step up in his place. Crichton has been a disappointment. So it isn't a glaring need at DE, but if they do let Robinson go like I think they will then I do think there is a need for depth for rotation and to push Hunter for the starting job. If they do keep Robinson around for another year then the need isn't there. Stephens is a depth guy at DT.

I haven't done much research yet either. Threw this together pretty quickly more to just get the conversation started.

It's only fair after my criticism to offer one myself. I did one at Walter Football but can't figure out how to get a link to it.

I gave us Whitehair in the first and Ryan Kelly in the second. I'm fixated on Oline, what can I say?

Alright I went back to the drawing board.

1) OT Tayler Decker or OT Jack Conklin (didn't think either would be there at #23, but if one is take him)

2) S Vonn Bell (If WR Michael Thomas were to fall to mid second round then I would look to trade up to get him, but I think he will go late first)

3) WR Leonte Carroo

4) G Spencer Drango

5) ILB Nick Vigil

6) DE Anthony Zettel

7) WR Geronimo Allison

7) RB Keith Marshall

I like this draft.

I like that the offensive line is addressed early and then you come back again in the fourth to get an OG. Unless the Vikes sign Iloka, or another starting caliber safety, SS is a position that needs to be address and it would be nice if they put a priority on the position instead of addressing it with a late round pick. I'm okay waiting until the third to address the WR position if better value is available at other positions in the first two rounds. LB in the fifth for depth and maybe an eventual starter works. The way I see it shaping up right now is that the Vikes need to take a LB in the first two rounds if they want a chance for a day one starter. Otherwise they might as well wait until the fifth and take a chance that they pan out and turn into starters. Last three picks look like good depth picks. Can Allison or Marshall return kickoffs? Just in case Patterson doesn't show any progress this year.

Overall I think this is a good draft that meets many of our needs. Good job Carter!!!