Thread: Cold weather posting

Head Coach Material

Cold weather posting

"Who usually takes on the nose guard when defenses run 3-4? I'm sure on different plays the linemen have different responsibilities, but generally who is responsible for who?"

Well, this cold weather has people staying inside posting on a few massive Falcons message board sites like crazy,...abuzzing even, as free agency approaches. Is it March 8? Anyway, that quote above was entered on the AFMBs and it was so funny. The post had 434 views and no one answered,...<snickering here> But actually, the best way to learn about any team in the NFL is to read they message boards. There's a guy at nflfans.com, a Phins fan who keeps me up to date with Miami for example.

Oh,...that poster's question,...Kyle Shanahan's O-philosophy is the exact, same one Bill Walsh, Montana and Young won all those Super Bowls,...the very same, identical. Pass blocking is just like most every other offense in modern times but in the run game it's mostly zone, slant blocking in which everyone on the line drives to the left, to the right or even up the gut. You're blocking in your zone and ya hit the first guy that gets in the way, imagine that. Now why is Shanahan's offense like Walsh's? Against the 4-3 when the defense plays a deep zone, NOT BLITZING, and against the 3-4, Shanahan pulls a guard sometimes,...the fabled trap play. To this day the Broncos O-line plays the zone blocking scheme and never, ever pulls a lineman. They depend on the TE and WRs to block more, unlike the classic West Coast Offense that Bill Walsh perfected. whew that's over.

Now there'll be someone, without doubt, try to prove me wrong,...<sigh>such a mistake.hahaha

Head Coach Material
    Here's a classic example of the slant/zone blocking scheme,...

The D was ready for it. I wonder if the NFL will be ready for the Falcons next season. This message board here, more like a blog though better in most ways. Our guy in Miami who developed the FireDaveWannstedt.com site, I forget his name for the moment but that was the prototype. I have yet to get the site owners to convert Phish Tank into DolphinBlog.