Thread: New threads a comin'

Head Coach Material

New threads a comin'

Next season, if all whispers and hints are correct, will be the last of those ugly uniforms the Falcons wear. I don't mind the helmet, although I'd prefer it'd be red, but that's about the ugliest uni ever. So,...after another 8-8 season in 2016, we'll see the Falcons playing in the Mercedes facility,...perhaps wearing these threads in 2017,...

Remember,...the 1966 Falcons original unis were black jerseys at home games with white pants,...

gawd I love those red helmets.

Head Coach Material

from the past

Quote Originally Posted by Penumbra View Post
    Next season, if all whispers and hints are correct, will be the last of those ugly uniforms the Falcons wear. I don't mind the helmet, although I'd prefer it'd be red, but that's about the ugliest uni ever. So,...after another 8-8 season in 2016, we'll see the Falcons playing in the Mercedes facility,...perhaps wearing these threads in 2017,...

Remember,...the 1966 Falcons original unis were black jerseys at home games with white pants,...

gawd I love those red helmets.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah,...it's time to bury those ugly uniforms. The Falcons have had four changes in suits in over 5 decades. haha I believe the Seahawks and Panthers, Jaguars have changed they threads more.

From 1966 to 1984 the Falcons wore the original unis seen in the photo. From '85 to 1990 it was red shirts then Jerry Glanville changed everything to "back in black." And I mean waaaayyyyy black. But what was so great 'bout those black shirts, helmet in 1990 was the silver pants. Oh man that really set off the whole fashion deal there. Then in 2003 Arthur Blank purchased the Falcons, got rid of Dan Reeves and changed the unis in 2004 to what we see today. uugggh, white pants are so damp ugly.

It's funny what we'll talk about after such a loss witnessed by millions. Guess we could talk about strategy with the new O and D-coors. But on both sides of the ball, likely no change. Funny,...this Dan Quinn "regime" is the most vanilla, basic, all-about-scheme kind of approach I've ever seen in Atlanta. Dan Henning was the closest as he tried to bring *Redskins* offensive football to Atlanta. Hell, Marion Campbell's Falcons were more exciting to watch,...no wait hell no sorry I said that. Definitely Glanville was more inventive,...but hey,...only 2 Falcons HCs got the boys to the big game.

Blank is open to lots of things. Guess if I was billionaire I'd be somewhat, ummmm, open to some things normally dismissed. But tradition should mean something when what you be wearin' represents yo self and yo city, yo team. Teams like the Bears, Browns, Niners, good gawd can't say anything 'bout the Broncos unis,...they've always been UGALEEE.

Will never forget the Saint Louis Rams in 1999. The season before they won the Super Bowl, had planned all along to change the unis after 1999 and did go back to the big game after the '99 season,...lost to the ahem ya'll know who won that Super Bowl after taping the Rams walk-through? Anyway, found it ironic they win a Super Bowl and change the unis even though it was planned. What's that word,...hubris? Just me, not supersticious or anything but just a little maybe.

So good,...the Falcons lost the Super Bowl so that leaves the door open for a change in accoutrements w/o jinxing things. Might be some cream pop color type stuff,...and I always thought Carolina should wear all pink unis twice a year at home. ahem,...the pink panthers maybe?

The 2016 uniform is better and I think the need is to have the same colors back in SB LII (or whatever 52 is). It's never as bad as you make them out to be.