View Full Version : Draft pick order?
12-17-2007, 09:17 AM
How does the draft pick order get flushed out again?
Are we in the #2,3,or 4 spot if it were to happen today?
12-17-2007, 09:19 AM
We would pick 3rd.
12-17-2007, 09:22 AM
We would pick 3rd.
because of strenght of schedule? if true i guess that can change if we all r still tied at end of season? right......
the herm game can royally screw us if we win.....if we tie with herm he will jump us because we beat him? am i correct?
12-17-2007, 09:32 AM
Determining Order of Selection
• The team with the lowest winning percentage at the end of the previous season drafts first in the NFL Draft.
• The rest of the teams are placed in order from lowest winning percentage to the highest.
• The Super Bowl winner drafts last, even if they do not have the highest winning percentage.
• The Super Bowl loser drafts next to last.
• Strength of schedule for the previous season is the first tie-breaker for teams with the same winning percentage.
• Divisional and conference records are the next step in the tie-breaking procedure.
• As a last resort, a coin toss is used to determine the order of selection for teams with the same winning percentage.
• If a playoff and non-playoff team end the season with the same winning percentage, the non-playoff team selects before the playoff team regardless of strength of schedule.
12-17-2007, 09:42 AM
Adding to the replies below.
Assuming that the Fins lose to NE next week (I should be pretty safe on that shouldn't I?), then we would pick anywhere from a best case of 2 & a worst case of 10 depending on the outcome of the next 2 weeks.
12-17-2007, 09:51 AM
I see it too. Even if we win the last two and finish 5-11 we should be no worse than the #10 pick.
12-17-2007, 09:59 AM
If we end up picking around 8 or 10, I'm thinking Gholston.
I want to see what he does in the bowl game of course, but that's where I'm leaning.
I love Chris Long, but IMO our greatest need on D is a pass rushing terror, not a DE.
I'm assuming for this discussion that we'll fix at least 2 of the O line positions thru FA.
12-17-2007, 10:04 AM
Hmm last time I checked the NCAA sack leader was...Chris Long? I would think that Jets fans if anyone would understand you can have a devastating pass rusher at 3-4 DE.
12-17-2007, 10:11 AM
Hmm last time I checked the NCAA sack leader was...Chris Long?
Greg Middleton, Indiana, 16
George Selvie, So Florida, 14.5
Chris Long, Virginia, 14
Vernon Gholston, Ohio State 13
12-17-2007, 10:14 AM
How many of those guys play in a 3-4 in college?
12-17-2007, 10:30 AM
Fair enough, but IMO we're better off at DE right now than we are at OLB.
12-17-2007, 10:47 AM
Then look at Gholston.
vBulletin® v3.7.0, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.